Dr. Efthimios Bakarezos
Tel: +30 28310 21908,
Tel: +30 28310 86304,
Fax: +30 28310 21912,
Associate Professor Efthimios Bakarezos was born in 1971 at the city of Athens, in Greece. He holds a BSc Hons degree in Physics (1995) from the University of Crete Heraklion, Greece, a MSc degree (Optoelectronic and Laser devices – 1996) and a PhD (Ultrafast nonlinear optics of wide-gap II-VI quantum wells and polymeric materials – 2000) from Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, UK.
Currently, he is an Associate Professor in the Department of Music Technology and Acoustics of T.E.I Crete and a senior member of the Centre for Plasma Physics & Lasers.
Research interests & activities:
Ultrafast laser-based optoelectronic methods and arrangements, interferometric and holographic imaging methods, and electronic arrangements for the study:
• of vibrations at a microscopic level, the detection of micro-defects, and material characterisation,
structures (quantum wells, wires and dots).
• of the production, detection and characterisation of ultra-high frequency elastic waves (nano-acoustics),
• of optoacoustic phenomena,
• of motion and elastic lattice oscillations (phonons) and their interactions with electrons,
• of vibrational characteristics of musical instruments and their acoustical quality control,
• of laser-plasma interaction and related diagnostic techniques,
• of nonlinear optical phenomena in semiconductors and low-dimensional semiconducting structures (quantum wells, wires and dots),
• of structured organic materials and polymer nanocrystals,
•of the emitted radiation (high harmonics, X-rays), and laser-plasma interaction and diagnostics development
Academic cv: cv.bakarezos